Is your telecom technology becoming end-of-life or out-of-date? While exploring options, you’re sure to come across providers that offer a private branch exchange (PBX) phone system.
What Is PBX?
A PBX system is a private telephone network used within an organization. A PBX allows internal and external calls to be made through centralized technology and is compatible with a variety of communication channels such as voice over internet protocol (VoIP) and analog phones.
If you’ve grown from a small company with just a few employees, you may find that one of the main motivators for moving to a PBX phone system is the ability to use multiple physical phones matched with just a few phone lines. This is one of the reasons it’s beneficial to transition from paying for individual cell phone lines to a PBX solution.
Cloud-Based Versus On-Premise PBX
An on-premise PBX phone system relies on the local phone company for external calls. By contrast, a cloud-based solution eliminates the need for involvement of the local phone company because all calls are placed over the internet. Teams can choose the kinds of phones they want to use, and a headset can even be utilized with calls through the computer.
Benefits of a PBX Solution
A PBX system offers a variety of benefits:
- Professionalism: Seamlessly receive and transfer calls to- and within- your organization.
- Features: Options like call-forwarding and a virtual receptionist improve productivity. Customize greetings to carry your brand’s personality to phone communications.
- Manage High Call Volumes: A PBX allows you to efficiently handle high call volumes due to a promotion or seasonality, placing callers in a queue to be answered in turn.
With a cloud-based PBX, there can be additional advantages:
- Consistency: Your team members experience consistent access to resources with a cloud-based PBX because they can work from anywhere with an internet connection.
- Scalability: A cloud-based solution allows your company to add users for a particularly busy time and then scale back just as seamlessly.
- Innovation, Security, and Future-Proofing: A cloud-based solution will help you stay current, because providers continually roll out new features and will have a proactive approach to cyber security.
If you are currently supporting multiple individual lines or relying on a fleet of cell phones to handle business calls, you’re likely to see improvements in cost savings, productivity, and the overall professional image of your brand when you choose a PBX phone system.
Contact us at Proper Connections to initiate a conversation about your upcoming communications technology upgrade. We’re here to help.